Get your Family Reunion Visa for Australia Efficiently
“If you are an Australian citizen and you wish to bring a family member to live in Australia permanently, such as a parent or child, you have a number of different visa options to choose from.”
Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)
Contributory Aged Parent (Subclass 864)
Who can apply
A parent of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, can apply for this family reunion visa for Australia to live in Australia indefinitely.
Applicants could apply for:
The Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173) or the Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884) before this visa but the process will cost more. However, the costs will be spread across the two visas over a long period of time.
- To be eligible for this visa, you must have a child who is an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Meet age requirement for the Contributory Aged Parent Visa
Other requirements are:
- At least half of your children must live in Australia or more of your children live in Australia than any other country
- You must be sponsored, usually by your child, who must be 18 years or older and a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- You must meet the Australian health and character requirements.
- You must be able to acquire an Assurance of Support.
Processing times vary
Our Professional Fees: $3799 -$4500
CHILD (SUBCLASSES 101 AND 802) VISAS
DEPENDENT CHILD (SUBCLASS 445) VISA
Who can apply – Chid or children of Australian resident
Who can sponsor – Parent of child applicant
Orphan Relative (subclasses 117 and 837) visa and Adoption subclass 102) visas cannot be capped*
Who can apply
Child or children who are orphans and must be the brother, sister, grandchild, niece, nephew or step equivalent of their sponsor
Who can sponsor
the sponsor must be:
- The child’s brother or sister, grandparent, aunt or uncle, or niece or nephew, (or step equivalents)
- Have been lawfully resident in Australia for a reasonable period (usually two years)
- Have turned 18 years of age.
Who can apply
- Family members of protection visa holders who arrived by plane.
- Family members of protection visa holders who arrived by boat before 13 August 2012.
- Family members of humanitarian visa holders.
Who can sponsor
- Holders of a refugee or humanitarian visa.
- Unaccompanied minors who arrived by boat and after August 13 2012 CANNOT be the “proposer” for their family to apply for this visa.
- Protection Visa holders who arrived who arrived by boat and after August 13 2012 CANNOT be the “proposer” for their family to apply for this visa .
Carer (Subclass 836) (Permanent)
Carer Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 116)
This visa allows Australian citizens to sponsor a relative or a member of their family unit, to live in Australia to care for their sponsor who has a medical condition.
These visas are subject to capping.
*Capping and Queuing of Other Family Category Visas
- The Minister has the power to ‘cap’ or limit the number of visas which can be granted each year in a particular visa subclass.
- This means that when the number of visas set by the Minister for a visa class for the migration program year has been reached, no further visas can be granted in that program year
Processing time: 4.5 years
**Aged Dependant and Remaining Relative Visas have an approximate 50 year waiting period**
WHY CHOOSE US TO PREPARE, LODGE AND MANAGE YOUR VISA ON YOUR BEHALF?
Our migration agents are all also trained Australian lawyers as well who have the benefit of having done extra legal training to qualify as lawyers in Australia and are therefore held to a higher standard of conduct than migration agents. You can rest assured you have the right team handling your family reunion visa for Australia visa application process. In addition to this, because you are dealing with lawyers, you are afforded ‘legal privilege’ which means entire client your entireclient to lawyer communications are entirely confidential, and protected from disclosure to a court for example. Our lawyers also have experience in a variety of other legal areas, we have a deeper understanding of Australian laws and we can offer you an extended range of services and advice in other areas of Australian law.